Aglio e Olio – otherwise known as garlic and oil, otherwise known as YUM.
Y’all I am getting so much better with branching out and making a decent lunch. I am the slackest human ever, if there’s no leftovers to reheat, chances are I’m not going to eat much of anything. A bit of this, some crap, a handful of chips. I’m so goddamn lazy.
I challenged myself a little while ago to see what kind of lunches I could come up with in under 10 minutes (or around 10 minutes, I’m flexible as well as lazy) and I’ve not been doing too badly! It’s the faffing around cutting bits and cooking things that I’m averse to. I love salads for lunch, I hate chopping all the bits. I’ve tried pre-chopping, really I have. It’s not a routine I find myself slipping into very easily.
This dish took me nine minutes and I ate it in nine seconds. If you’re really hungry, double the amount of pasta.
You can find other Quick Lunches here. Enjoy!Print
The next move on my quest for a good lunch in under 10 minutes. Pasta aglio e olio it is!
- 3/4 cups pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (the best quality you have)
- 1 Medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta in plenty of salted boiling water, according to package directions.
- While your pasta is cooking, gently warm the garlic in the olive oil in a frying pan. Take care not to burn it or it will ruin your whole dish!
- When pasta is cooked, Add to garlic and olive oil. Stir to coat, adding parsley (and parmesan-style cheese if you like) until thoroughly mixed. Taste for seasoning – it can take a fair bit of salt!
- Serve with grated parmesan-style cheese on top (and I added a squirt of fresh lemon) and lots of black pepper.
Keywords: olive oil pasta, aglio e olio, simple lunch, simple pasta