- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups Spicy Black Beans
- 1/4 Small red cabbage (sliced finely)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 Large green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 Small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Large lime, cut into portions, lengthways
- Assorted toppings (cheese, sour cream, extra coriander, avocado, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- In a large pot, add the quinoa and 4 cups water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to the lowest that you can get it, and put a lid on the pot. Simmer until all quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to sit for five minutes and then fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat the rice wine vinegar, salt and sugar until warm and all the salt and sugar has been dissolved.
- Put the sliced cabbage in a bowl and pour over the hot vinegar. Stir to combine and leave to sit while you prepare the rest.
- Heat the spicy black beans if you need.
- In a bowl, put the sliced cherry tomatoes, the chopped coriander, the minced garlic, the sliced green onions, a pinch of salt, and squeeze the juice out of a segment of lime over the top. Add a drizzle of olive oil if you like, and stir to combine.
- In each bowl, add a portion of quinoa (I do about three-quarters of a cup per person) and top with the spicy black beans, some of the tomato salsa, some of the cabbage, and the rest of the toppings you require. Eat with a massive grin!
Keywords: spicy black beans, burrito bowls, vegetarian burrito bowls,