Quick! before the weather gets too cold, have this toasty, crunchy, sweet buckwheat breakfast. So good.
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- a handful of walnuts, chopped
- A sprinkle each of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sour cherries, white mulberries, and whatever else you’ve got lying around (I use mostly the Loving Earth stuff)
- Yogurt/milk/coconut cream
- 1 banana
- a few strawberries/blueberries/raspberries/all three!
- And when in season – you MUST have fresh mango in it. Holy schnikies, it is utterly divine – I look forward to it every summer!
- Toast the buckwheat in a dry frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes until it starts to get some colour.
- Add the walnuts and the coconut and toast for a few more minutes, stirring constantly, until all is golden and toasted. You can add a little coconut oil toward the end, if you like.
- Add your other nuts, seeds, and sour cherries to toast for a minute, and then set aside to cool.
- Serve with your yogurt or milk (mine HAS to be coconut milk, real coconutty), chopped banana and all the berries you can fit.
Keywords: toasted buckwheat cereal, toasted buckwheat breakfast, buckinis