Cute lil pots filled with rich, creamy, sweet chocolate pudding (and topped with whipped cream, which is optional but not!)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 4 Large egg yolks (I freeze the whites)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or 150g good quality cooking chocolate
- 1/2 Large vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 Large knob butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornflour, and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla bean. Whisk to combine.
- Stir over medium heat (like, stir a LOT. This catches really easy and will go lumpy) until it just starts to bubble and thicken. Do not let it boil, or it will separate. And you will cry. Twice. (Don’t ask)
- Off the heat, add the cocoa or chocolate and whisk until melted/combined. Whisk in the glorious butter.
- Distribute evenly between 6 ramekins or mason jars and let cool for a bit. Pop on the lids and into the fridge.
Keywords: chocolate pudding, easy chocolate pudding, chocolate pudding filling,