These spinach and cheese rolls are super simple and awesome to have a stash of uncooked ones in the freezer for a quick lunch or Sunday night dinner where you are DONE. FOR. THE. WEEK. Bit of salad, bit of potato, boom: there’s dinner.
- 500g shredded frozen spinach (or 400g fresh)
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 500g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 6 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 1 Large egg, lightly beaten, extra
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded spinach, feta, ricotta, mint, semolina, spinach, pepper, and eggs.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and cut in half. Take one half and spoon mixture down the centre line. Take the left edge of the pastry and fold it over the mixture. Take the right edge and fold it over the left, making sure to overlap the pastry edges.
- Brush with extra beaten egg, and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Cut each roll into 6 or 8 pieces.
- Bake on middle rack until the pastry is starting to become golden, about 15 mins. Then move the tray to the very top rack for the last 5 mins of cooking time or until crisp and golden. This enhances the crispiness of the pastry.
- Serve with salad of choice.
Keywords: Greek spinach rolls, spinach and feta rolls, spanakopita, easy spinach and cheese rolls,