I barely even know where to begin with this month’s roundup of things I’m digging. What a great month! For real. I feel like mostly all I did was eat and sweep the floor (because all I ever do is sweep the floor 50 times a day), but so much good stuff has gone down. Lemme show you.
For starters, the food. I called my recent trip The Biggest Gainer Holiday as all I did was eat. I KNOW I gained weight (which is actually awesome), and it was the complete opposite of my Biggest Loser Holiday which entailed me walking the length and breadth of New York City every day – I’ve never exercised so much in my life! I have to admit that on my last night on The Biggest Gainer I had to unbutton my pants in the restaurant two bites into the entree. I tried to do it subtly but it was taking me ages and I could tell there was someone across the room watching me. Embarrassing, but totally necessary!
Food highlights include:
- **Buffet breakfast mushrooms at Pier One Hotel, Sydney
- **The above breakfast waffles at Pier One
- **The butter at Pier One
- **The raita, and the lemon pudding at Tumbling Waters Retreat
- **The minestrone I made for dinner last night, along with the ciabatta I bought from the shops. Best minestrone I’ve ever made!
- **The camembert whose name I can’t remember but who I ripped into with my teeth after starving while stuck in traffic
- **The salted dutch potatoes covered in potato cream at Paperbark Camp because potato with potato and cream.
- **The dessert that my adorable waitress at Paperbark Camp couldn’t pronounce but it was dulce de leche something with chai ice cream and so rad I don’t need to know how to say it
- **The quinoa bread with rose glaze and butter and chilli sauce combo at Paperbark that sounds horrific but was a taste sensation
- **The vegetarian Thai food I had in Surry Hills with Chantelle and her sister where I’ve never shovelled food so fast into my mouth in my life except that one time I was drunk and eating a really good guacamole
- **There’s more, but you get the picture. I’ve eaten good food lately, and a bloody lot of it.
Speaking of food, my second ace thing was being sent this gorgeous luxury New Arrival Giftbox from Snowgoose Hampers in time for Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana’s introduction to the world. Tell me – were you obsessively checking for her arrival too?
I shared with a pregnant mumma friend of mine – although those little tiny socks made me clucky! Hell, so did the little princess. So did Princess Maggie Mac. So did my beautiful little nephew I finally got to meet last week. someone please help my ovaries.
Next up on the Ace list are Biggie’s birthday presents:
Goldie Blox and the Spinning Machine is a toy aimed at getting girls interested in engineering. I was dying to get this for the girls, but tried to wait until they were actually old enough for it. Funnily enough, it’s the two-year-old who plays with it most. I love it, so great for their imaginations and their ability to problem-solve. Can’t remember how much I spent, but it’s worth it!
I’m also loving:
- **Yorkshire Tea
- **crumpets (meaning to try these ones out)
- **A Modern Way to Eat cookbook
- **Netflix (they’ve just asked me to be part of their Stream Team and I said “yes” to the email while bingeing on Downton Abbey)
- **The Fall – a show starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan (yes the guy from 50 Shades of Abuse but please don’t let that put you off – he’s BRILLIANT in this) set in Northern Ireland. It’s gripping, interesting and full of feminist undertones. Cannot fault it. Plus, it’s on Netflix, so hop to it.
- **This post from Chantelle describing how her husband got denied by James Van Der Beek. I can’t stop laughing!
- **The ages my kids are at now (I say that at every age!)
- **An oldie, but still a goodie – Bitches Love Ukulele
- **This kimchi
- **Coffee-flavoured Five:AM organics yogurt. Never eaten so much yogurt. Ever.
- **A Passionate Life – the current book on my Dusty Bookshelf Challenge list by Ita Buttrose. A fascinating look at women (and working women, and women in journalism) in the 60s-90s.
- **Appelles Skincare. Remember I found them here? Well they were at Pier One too, and we were given some at the Intercontinental Double Bay when we went there for dinner. Seriously lovely stuff and it smells so good when I wash my hair!
- **The weather – sometimes it’s still just that little bit warm, and I feel as though I can survive another day before winter comes.
- **All of the Metalicus leggings, baggy shirts, and cardigans. I keep going back to get more – such good transitional weather items. I’ve bought two leggings, six shirts, and three cardigans in the last couple of months and I often wander past and see what else they have that I could possibly want. I love being comfortable and warm, and this is exactly what happens when I wear their stuff. And I don’t look like I’m in a tracksuit constantly, which is helpful.
So tell me – what have you thought was just ace lately? A book? A movie? A TV show? A BABY?! eeeeeeeeeeee