This fresh and fragrant vegetarian (and vegan) thai soup will take less than 10 minutes and is packed with flavour. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon Red curry paste
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken stock, or veggie stock
- 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Small squeeze lime juice
- 1/4 cup cubed tofu
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, spring onion, spinach, capicum, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms)
- Heat the curry paste in a small saucepan over medium heat for one minute.
- Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Return to a simmer, add the vegan fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice, and all of the veggies.
- Leave on a bare simmer for five minutes or until veggies have softened but are still crisp. I often even take it off the heat.
- Taste for seasoning and make sure it has a balance of salty, sour, and sweet.
Keywords: vegan thai coconut soup, vegetarian thai coconut soup, thai coconut soup, coconut soup